Tuesday, August 18

The Simpsons Creator Accidentally Hinted At The Return Of ‘The Simpsons: Hit & Run’


Credit: Vivendi Universal Games

It looks like the iconic The Simpsons: Hit & Run may be making a comeback. During The Simpsons panel at the D23 festival in Anaheim, series creator Matt Groening, perhaps accidentally, revealed plans for a remaster.

When asked by a user about a potential sequel to The Simpsons: Hit & Run, Groening said, “That would be awesome. I don’t know if I’m allowed to say this, [but] I think the original game is coming back in some form.”

Groening’s statement drew gasps from the audience. “Or not,” Selman comically retorted to The Simpsons creator, trying to refocus the audience and defuse the excitement generated by the accidental announcement.

Producer John Melchior told MinnMax in 2023 that Radical had plans for The Simpsons: Hit & Run 2, but publisher Vivendi Universal Games declined to acquire the Simpsons game license. The Simpsons video game license was eventually acquired by Electronic Arts, which released The Simpsons Game in 2007. Since then, no console games based on the animated series have been released, although Lego Dimensions and Fortnite have featured crossovers with the show.

It’s still unclear what exactly Groening meant by “returning” Hit & Run. It could be a modern port, a remaster, or another project. Neither the developers nor the copyright holders have made any official announcements yet.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *